Skip to content
This post serves to keep some technical information about our recumbent bicycles that we could not find on the manufacturers’ websites nor in the bikes’ manuals.
- We asked both Azub and HP Velotechnik which chain they use. We got a satisfying reply from HPV: they use KMC Z8 RB. Azub seems to have a similar chain.
- We’ve counted the number of links on our recumbent chains (although this is different depending on the person’s height):
- Azub Six: 268 links (134 full links) + quick link
- HP Velotechnik Street Machine: 258 links (129 full links) + quick link.
- So, when replacing the two chains, we had to order 5 KMC Z8 RB chains.
- The Rohloff cable length on Azub is about 200 cm, so the replacement needs to be the tandem size
- The longest brake cable on Azub is 180 cm, so standard cable set works
- The lenght of the replacement spokes we took are (but never needed):
- Azub Six
- Front wheel 20′ with SON dynamo: 178 mm
- Rear wheel 26′ with Rohloff: 231 mm
- HP Velotechnik StreetMachine
- Front wheel 20′ with SRAM D7 dynamo: 170 mm
- Rear wheen 26′ with Rohloff: 236 mm